One of the top anaerobic digester developer/owner/operators in the US is looking to bring on a Project Engineer. In this role, you will support and work very closely with Construction Managers and project managers ensuring quality and assurance on all engineering deliverables of projects in construction.
Project Engineer Responsibilities
- Review IFQ drawings and the IFQ package issued to the General Contractor or Design Builder and provide recommendations and feedback to the Process Engineer for any modifications
- Review technical submittals from all vendors and coordinate review and sign offs from internal stakeholders
- Analyze any requests for change from the system or technology providers, provide feedback, and communicate to the Construction Manager and project manager.
- Participate in weekly meetings with project managers to provide an update on all technology and system packages
- Standardize technical solutions, such as standardized containers for pump-houses or offices
- Conduct Factory Acceptance Tests, visit vendor and provider sites to review and report work in progress
- Work closely with Balance of Plant Engineers and Agricultural Engineers and ensure their specifications standards, drawings, and recommendations are communicated effectively to contractors
- Coordinate with the Process and Commissioning Engineers to ensure that the plant control integration meets expectations
- Consistent, on-time attendance
- Collect all documentation from all major equipment and technology suppliers such as, but not limited to, operations and maintenance manuals, installation drawings, installation instructions, process and instrumentation diagrams. Maintain up to date and quality documentation with documentation control during the project, construction, and commissioning stage. Hand over all documentation and warranty documents to the Commissioning Engineers after the dry or cold commissioning
- Provide technical clarifications or decisions to the construction team and contractors when there is lack of clarity or specifications in documentation
- Coordinate with the Process Engineer after bid leveling to make a recommendation for procurement
- Other duties as assigned.
Project Engineer Ideal Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in engineering or related field of study and 5 years of related engineering experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel and Project.
- Advanced analytical skills to address problems, identify root causes, and generate potential solutions.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team setting.
- Possess excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to report to the Weston, MA office in a hybrid work environment.
- Must be able to travel up to 25%
Project Engineer Preferred Qualifications
- Proven experience and success in analyzing production equipment, processes and materials, and solving issues.
- Advanced knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of products.
- Ability to successfully prioritize, and manage large, complex projects, deadlines, and tasks with little supervision in both team and independent environments.
- Experience with water, wastewater, or anaerobic development. Awareness of the mission in the context of global climate conditions.
- Employer health care, vision, and wellness benefits.
- Annual incentive Bonus Opportunity in addition to base salary.
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Phone Expense Reimbursement
If you're interested, please apply here!