We are working with an international organisation seeking to capitalise on their growth in the Korean Market. They are looking for a highly skilled and experienced Offshore Wind Project Development Manager to join their Seoul office. As the Offshore Wind Project Development Manager, you will be responsible for leading and managing all aspects of offshore wind project development in Korea. Your role will involve identifying and evaluating potential project opportunities, securing necessary permits and approvals, managing stakeholders, and driving the successful execution of offshore wind projects.
- Project Identification: Identify and evaluate potential offshore wind project opportunities in Korea, considering factors such as wind resource assessment, site suitability, environmental impact, regulatory framework, and market dynamics.
- Stakeholder Management: Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including government agencies, local communities, landowners, and industry partners, to facilitate project development and ensure alignment with local interests and requirements.
- Permitting and Approvals: Lead the permitting and approvals process for offshore wind projects, working closely with relevant authorities and consultants to navigate regulatory requirements and secure necessary permits and licenses.
- Feasibility Assessment: Conduct comprehensive feasibility assessments, including technical, financial, and commercial evaluations, to determine the viability of potential projects and inform decision-making processes.
- Project Planning and Design: Develop and implement project plans, timelines, and budgets, collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure efficient project execution. Oversee the design phase, working closely with engineering and design teams to optimize project layouts and maximize energy production.
- Contract Negotiation: Manage the negotiation and execution of contracts with suppliers, contractors, and other project partners, ensuring favorable terms and conditions that align with project objectives.
- Risk Management: Identify and assess project risks and develop strategies to mitigate potential obstacles and challenges. Implement robust risk management processes and monitor risks throughout project development and execution.
- Financial Analysis: Conduct financial analysis, including project budgeting, cost estimation, and financial modeling, to assess project economics, evaluate investment opportunities, and support decision-making processes.
- Project Team Leadership: Lead a multi-disciplinary project team, providing guidance, support, and direction to ensure the successful delivery of projects within schedule, budget, and quality targets.
- Reporting and Documentation: Prepare and present project updates, progress reports, and other documentation for internal stakeholders, investors, and regulatory authorities. Maintain accurate project records and ensure compliance with reporting requirements.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, renewable energy, or a related field. Advanced degree or relevant certifications are a plus.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in the renewable energy industry, with a focus on offshore wind project development.
- In-depth knowledge of the Korean renewable energy market, regulatory environment, and offshore wind industry landscape.
- Strong understanding of offshore wind project development processes, including feasibility assessment, permitting, financing, and stakeholder management.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully developing and delivering offshore wind projects, preferably in Korea or the Asia-Pacific region.
- Proven track record in managing complex projects, including budgeting, scheduling, and risk management.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to navigate technical, financial, and regulatory challenges.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, with fluency in English and Korean.
- Willingness to travel within Korea and potentially internationally as required
If you are passionate about renewable energy and have a proven track record in project development with exposed to the offshore sector, we would love to connect with you.