A growing engineering consultancy is looking for a Principal Transport Planner/Traffic Engineer to support an exciting variety of projects across Australia! This is an exciting role that offers you the opportunity to work with leading industry experts.
- Provide transport planning advice and services as part of playing a pivotal role in the delivery of a wide range of projects across Australia.
- Project manage planning studies and modelling, including feasibility studies, active transport, public transport, traffic/freight, intermodal facilities, integrated transport, and corridor studies.
- Maintain and share knowledge of current statutory requirements, relevant engineering standards, and industry developments, innovations, and best practice.
- Contribute to growing the Transport team's knowledge and technical understanding through knowledge transfer activities, and mentoring that builds individual, team and organisational capability.
- Manage relationships with key internal and external stakeholders through effective communication and engagement strategies that optimise client and stakeholder satisfaction, and professional relationships are developed and maintained that contribute to the success and growth of the Transport Program on a national basis.
- Support business development activities including identification of new opportunities, effective client and stakeholder management, proposal, and tender preparation; and contribute to growing the pipeline of work in the Transport Program across the country by increasing the company's industry presence and status through active industry participation, delivery of presentations to industry groups and development of industry networks.
- Tertiary qualifications in Transport Planning, Traffic Engineering, or a related discipline
- 10 + years of demonstrated practical experience transport planning for a diverse range of projects
- Knowledge and experience of transport planning in Australia. Experience in South Australia, New South Wales, Queensland, and Victoria is desirable.
- Experience in traffic modelling software such as SIDRA, Aimsun, CUBE, VISUM and Transyt.
- Project management skills including an understanding of methodologies and elements of the project lifecycle
- Stakeholder management skills including nurturing of new relationships, networks, and business opportunities
- Demonstrated understanding and application of Australian and industry standards and legislation
- A focus on innovation, creativity, continuous learning, and personal growth
If you are interested, please apply with an updated CV!