We are currently supporting a global engineering and environmental consultancy hire a Principal Ecologist to lead their team and projects in Newcastle. Operating across Northern America and Oceania with over 3000 professionals, they work in energy, government, transportation, and water industries providing a range of services.
About the opportunity:
- Work on high profile ecology projects through government, mining, renewable and land development sectors
- Lead one of the growing teams as part of a global company and offer technical leadership to a multi-disciplinary professionals
- Be the account manager for strategic clients across NSW and develop the business
- Participate in approvals and environmental legislation to ensure compliance
- Provide technical direction for reports, proposals, project management, mentorship while expanding your own skill sets
- Over 10 years of experience as an ecologist, with a background in consulting and natural resource management
- BAM accredited assessor, proficient in BAM vegetation integrity plots
- Prior experience managing large projects, leading teams, and developing a client network
- Technical expertise in report writing, peer review, industry certifications or associations
If this role sounds like the perfect next challenge for you, please apply with your CV now! Even if it's not a complete match - we'll be happy to connect you to a more suitable role based on your profile.