We are currently supporting a leading environmental consultancy in Perth that is seeking an experienced leader (Botanist) to join their team. They are a nationally based company that is fully employee owned and offers an array of opportunities in Western Australia!
They collaborate with their State-of-the-Art Environmental Monitoring and Management Software, so candidates will have the opportunity to be at the forefront of this technology (working with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning)
Although the position description can and will be shaped around your talent, capabilities, and interest - below is a brief list of general responsibilities.
- Lead and manage botanical projects, including flora and vegetation surveys, impact assessments, and monitoring programs.
- Provide technical expertise to clients on botanical issues and legislation.
- Manage and coordinate fieldwork, including the design of survey programs, data collection, and analysis.
- Prepare and review botanical reports and impact assessments, including vegetation management plans, species impact statements, and ecological risk assessments.
- Liaise with clients, government agencies, and other stakeholders to ensure environmental compliance and obtain necessary approvals.
- Mentor and supervise junior staff, providing guidance on project management and technical skills.
- Stay up-to-date with relevant legislation, regulations, and best practice guidelines.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A degree in botany, ecology, environmental science, or a related field.
- At least 10 years of experience in botanical consulting, preferably in Western Australia.
- Knowledge of Western Australian flora and vegetation communities, and their conservation and management.
- Experience in project management and leading a team of technical staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to prepare and present technical reports and deliver presentations to clients and stakeholders.
- A track record of developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients and stakeholders.
If this role or company sounds like something you would be interested in, please apply with your CV and we can connect you with the right opportunity specific to your career goals.
This consultancy offers a competitive salary, flexible work arrangements, and clear opportunities for career advancement.