One of the nations leading general contractors is looking to add a Preconstruction Manager to their Tampa operations for construction of water/wastewater plants and municipal utilities.
- Responsible for the accuracy of the estimate. Review drawings, specifications and all other construction documents and make director of construction, project director, division leader and others involved in the project aware of construction related problems, completeness of information, and potential risks involved in General Conditions and Supplementary Conditions.
- Participation in the preparation of construction schedule for estimating purposes requests and discusses staffing requirements, plant and logistics plan with Project Manager, Project Director, and division leader.
- Participation in the preparation of General Conditions estimate and reviews with Director of Construction, Project Director, division leader and any other senior project staff that might have been assigned to the project.
- Responsible for the preparation of preliminary, schematic, design development, and construction estimates and studies during pre-construction, monitor design development cost trends in order to detect over-runs and potential problem areas. Participates in the value engineering process.
- Support Business Development in proposal presentations, aids in building client and architect/engineer relationships.
- Maintain current all estimating records, studies, unit prices, etc.
- Assists project manager in evaluating and analyzing subcontractor proposals and in preparation of subcontracts.
- Assists the project managers in buying-out the project.
- Manages and is responsible for the work of other estimators, and assistant project managers where assistance is needed to meet the preconstruction schedule.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction management, building construction or similar is preferable and a minimum of eight years of estimating experience with a preferred concentration in water/wastewater construction
Specific Knowledge, Skills, License, Certifications Etc..:
- Ability to understand owner/engineer requirements with conceptual ability to work with minimal information
- Knowledge of construction, materials system, market conditions and trade practices
- Demonstrated imaginative, Innovative and succinct approach to a project
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Knowledge of MC2 Estimating, On-Screen Take-off, Prolog Manager and SureTrax/Primavera scheduling desirable.
- Ability to understand and execute the company vision and values of Team, Excellence, Service and Trust
Environmental Factors and/or Physical Requirements:
- Performance of the duties will occasionally require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is sometimes exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Some travel maybe required.