Calling all Plumbing Engineers in LA. A top MEP firm in the are looking for a Plumbing Engineer with around 4-7 years of experience. They are a nationally recognized firm with offices all across the US. Overall they specialize is mechanical, electrical, life safety, plumbing, sustainability, commissioning, and renewable energy. This if your chance to become part of the top projects in California. If you are interested do not hesitate to apply today!
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering with a focus on plumbing or 2-5 years of work experience with plumbing design and/or Certified Plumbing Designer (CPD) certificate (ASPE).
- Previous experience working with engineering consulting firms. Prior work experience in Southern California is desired.
- Strong communication and coordination skills, including understanding of systems coordination with other disciplines and agencies.
- Proficiency in Revit MEP, AutoCAD, Word, and Excel.
- Proficiency in the design and code knowledge of the following systems is required: drain, waste, vent, domestic hot and cold water, storm drainage, condensate drainage, natural gas, grease, and waste systems.
- Ability to accurately calculate requirements for ejector systems, domestic water booster systems, fixture unit loading, water pressure loss, and invert elevations/utility coordination.
- Proficiency in the following laboratory/process systems is required: compressed air, compressed gasses, RO/DI, acid waste, vacuum, process heating and chilled water, clarifiers, neutralization systems.
- Strong knowledge of the California Plumbing Code and Uniform Plumbing Code, relevant building codes, sustainability, green building rating systems, industry standards, and LEED compliance documentation.
- Able to take schematic level direction and successfully complete construction documents and construction support with minimal guidance.