Summary: My client is a renewable energy developer, owning and operating utility and community wind energy projects in the New York State! They are looking to bring on a Permitting Associate to assist in the development of various wind projects.
The Permitting Associate will be responsible for:
- Understand the legislation, regulations, and policy documents related to all permits required for renewable energy projects in the various jurisdictions of New York State.
- Assist in preparation and review of materials for 94-c permit applications.
- Coordinate site access for field studies and surveys with consultants & landowners.
- Support data management and organization for project permit applications and compliance measures.
- Assist in the preparation of maps for landowner and stakeholder communications.
- Assist with power contract procurement and associated RFP's.
- Support wind project micro siting and optimization using industry specific software and applications
- Attend after-hours town board meetings and community events.
- Present project summaries to local town officials, IDA's, economic development groups, and other key stakeholder groups.
- Build and maintain relationships with key project stakeholders including landowners, local government officials, state regulators, and host community members.
The Permitting Associate should have the following qualifications:
- Experience in the preparation of New York 94-c and/or SEQRA application materials is considered a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in the sciences, natural resource management or other related field.
If you are interested in this exciting new opportunity, apply now!