Summary: Join a leading renewable energy IPP, looking to hire a talented Permitting and Planning Manager to focus on battery storage efforts in the CAISO region! The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing the permitting process from start to finish, coordinating with authorities having jurisdiction (AHJs), representing the team at public hearings, conducting site assessments and environmental studies while supporting due diligence efforts.
The Permitting and Planning Manager will be responsible for:
- Manage all aspects of land use entitlements with an understanding of local requirements, processes, timelines, and costs including permits required by local planning departments.
- Conduct site assessments, constraints analyses, and risk assessment to determine permitting feasibility.
- Represent the team and projects at public hearings before various levels of government agencies.
- Ability to secure discretionary and ministerial land use and environmental permits for new and acquired battery storage projects.
- Manage contractors, vendors, and consultants to maintain project timelines and budgets including cost reduction initiatives, vendor development, and invoice audits.
The Permitting and Planning Manager should have the following qualifications:
- Minimum five years of permitting experience in utility-scale development.
- Knowledgeable regarding local and state siting and permitting regulations specific to CAISO regions, as well as federal permitting regulations.
- Ability to travel up to 20% domestically.
If you are are interested in an opportunity like this, don't hesitate to apply today!