One of the top 10 Largest Engineering firms is seeking a highly motivated, detail- oriented, self starter to join as a Roadway Design Manager.
This PM will perform a variety of engineering tasks related to municipal and PennDOT roadway design projects.
Key Role Requirements:
- Daily responsibilities will include project design, task management, project management, client contact, agency contact and quality control.
- Project management and development of roadway construction documents, specifically roadway plans, profiles, typical sections, grading, traffic control systems, cost estimating and planning
- Preparing reports and studies
- Preparing for, attending and participating in public meetings
- Directing others in performing designs for various roadway infrastructure projects based on AASHTO, PennDOT and local municipality requirements; reviewing and managing designs prepared by others
- Participating in project/contracting scoping, fee development, contract negotiations, and execution
- Coordinating with contractors, utility companies and government agencies
- A diverse background/knowledge of geometric roadway design, stormwater/drainage, maintenance of traffic, utility coordination/design and design management
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in roadway design in Pennsylvania
- Additional experience in Maryland and Virginia would be a plus
- Professional Engineer's license in PA is preferred
- MicroStation and AutoCAD Civil 3D experience
- Familiarity with AASHTO, PennDOT and regional design standards, practices and policies