A global instrumentation and process control solutions MNC is looking for an experienced Optics Laser Engineer in Singapore. The ideal candidate should have a sound design and technical support experience for Optics or Lasers (such as building, setting up, tweaking a laser).
- Manage the transfer of new product from design engineering to manufacturing sites for mass production (including transfer planning, facility preparation, production team training, build & test procedure, material and tools/equipment readiness).
- Develop and evaluate manufacturing processes by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, equipment layout, etc.
- Assure product and process quality by developing appropriate testing methods; analyzing process capabilities; establishing standards; and validating manufacturing processes.
- Review production rejects, provide appropriate decisions and actions for disposition.
- Determine the calibration and maintenance processes for production tools and test equipment.
- Develop and implement continuous improvement projects, applying a systematic approach to problem-solving.
- Bachelors degree and above in laser, optic or electro-optical engineering (PhD are highly preferred).
- Rich knowledge of solid-state and fiber-based lasers and precision optics including lenses, polarization optics, modulators and optical harmonic generation.
- Hands on experience with assembly and test of optical, electro-optical, electro-mechanical & laser systems.
- Experience in beam characterization using commercially available equipment, e.g. Spiricon M2 instrument & Ophir beam profiler.
- Experience in using multi-meter, function generator and oscilloscope.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings and electrical wiring diagrams.
- Hands-on software experience on 3D CAD and Programming (VBA, C#, data analytics, database etc.) is a plus
- Good knowledge of manufacturing best practices (e.g. ISO 9001, Kanban, LEAN, 8D, Design-for-Manufacturability, etc)
If you are interested, please apply with your updated CV. Candidates without no laser/optics alignment/engineering that uses equipment for semiconductor manufacturing with not be considered for the role. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.