Currently working with a reputable 100% Employee-Owned client seeking an accomplished professional to join as a National Transit Engineering Practice Leader.
This individual will be responsible for managing and driving the growth of the transit/rail practice on a national scale, collaborating closely with the broader Transit and Rail group, delivery teams, and Group Leaders to achieve remarkable outcomes.
- Shape the transit engineering practice, collaborating with the FTA Program Management Leader, Freight Rail Leaders, and National Transit Planning Practice Leader.
- Advise the Transit and Rail Practice Leader on strategic market decisions, investments, and personnel matters, leveraging your insights into technical skills and capabilities.
- Elevate our transit engineering brand through national and regional conferences, paper and presentation development, and related efforts.
- Oversee and guide staff and Group Leaders to maintain top-notch performance standards.
- Lead recruitment and retention efforts, making crucial staffing decisions.
- Serve as a principal in charge, project manager, or task leader as necessary.
- Maintain a comprehensive skills inventory, including certifications, licenses, and health and safety qualifications.
- Facilitate resource allocation across projects, optimizing workshare opportunities.
- Drive balanced workload forecasts in the short and long term.
- Ensure timely and budget-conscious project delivery, maintaining quality standards that surpass industry norms.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to ensure resource availability for existing and proposed projects.
- Provide expert design leadership and guidance, overseeing engineering documents and deliverables to ensure contractual and professional compliance.
- Adhere rigorously to firmwide tools, processes, and policies, encompassing project accounting, contracting, and quality requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Professional Engineering License (multi-state license and experience is a plus)
- Over 18 years of Transportation experience, predominantly in rail transit projects.
- Proven ability to lead and manage large engineering teams.
This role is open to California, Washington, or Oregon office locations. Seattle, Washington is the preference.