*****National Director - Forensic Electrical Engineering - Toronto, ON*****
I am currently working with an International engineering and architecture company with offices located across the US, who are looking to expand their forensic engineering practice in Canada. The company prides its self on its culture and professional development of its employees. Promoting internal growth and an engaging senior leadership team makes this company one of the market leaders within the forensic engineering industry.
LVI Associates is seeking a Forensic Electrical Engineer in Toronto, Canada
- 10 years' experience in Engineering, 2 years' experience in Forensics
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng)
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- Investigates the origin and cause of failures, damages or defects in the electrical fields within industrial, commercial, and residential sites.
- Perform electrical evaluations of failed and damaged components to determine the root cause of the failure including lightning damage, electrocutions, electrically related fires, appliance and consumer product failure evaluation, commercial equipment failures and damage evaluation of other power or electrical systems.
- Analyzes the failure of electrical systems, determines the cause of failures, evaluates the quality of construction or reviews design or maintenance procedures. Performs field investigations, leads multi-party examinations and documentation of damaged property.
- Prepare recommendations for repair and/or remediation as appropriate.
- Prepares reports and letters of the damages to our clients. Manages/works on multi-disciplinary teams on large and complex assignments. Establishes trusted working relationship with clients and interacts socially at mixed engagements with clients
- Conduct field investigations and analyze fires/failures/accidents involving all types of electrical equipment and wiring systems
- Determine the scope of repair and evaluate repair options
- Determine the cause of failure of Electrical components and systems
- Evaluate the cause and extent of damage following storms, natural disasters, accidents, and fires/explosions
- Effectively communicate opinions in writing and verbally, and sometimes as testimony
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities and manage clients
Connect with us!!
If you don't feel like this particular role fits with your experience but are still interested in other opportunities. Connect with Tom and send your resume over to discuss your options.