- Designs civil engineering projects for public works, ensuring compliance with all applicable codes, laws and regulations, standards, policies, and procedures.
- Public works projects include but are not limited to geotechnical engineering and design, roadways and streetscapes, storm and sanitary sewer systems, erosion and sediment control, traffic control, utilities, retention, and detention ponds and/or other related design items.
- Designs and coordinates City-wide services projects which includes investigating public requests, problems and complaints; contacts applicable individuals to initiate corrective action activities; generates work orders to resolve service issues; prepares and completes field design sketches for work orders as necessary; coordinates construction activities with applicable internal departments and external organizations and performs other related activities.
- Coordinates engineering project activities with a variety of internal departments and external organizations or entities including but not limited to utility companies, other municipalities, surveyors, land agents and/or property owners, as necessary.
- Communicates with supervisor, management staff, other employees, developers, engineers, contractors, citizens, and external organizations to coordinate activities.
- Conducts inspections and site visits to ensure projects are in compliance with applicable codes, laws, rules, regulations, specifications, standards, policies and procedures; initiates corrective action to mitigate violations and deviations.
- Represents the department and/or the City at a variety of meetings, public events, training sessions, committees and/or other related events or groups to receive and convey information pertaining to City projects or programs.
- Provides technical guidance on a variety of construction-related projects
Back to jobs