This role will provide a high level of support for ongoing and new projects addressing environmental concerns of private sector projects. In addition, this position will support project development, compliance strategy development, representing clients in negotiations with regulatory agencies, and promoting a high level of technical competence in work products. The position also provides the opportunity to manage projects of varying size and complexity. Additional job responsibilities are as follows:
- Manage and execute routine and complex scopes of work for environmental projects including: proposal development, cost estimating, project planning and development, permitting, senior reviews, technical oversight, and reporting
- Manage multiple complex projects and programs in diverse settings and with changing requirements.
- Participate in a fast-paced, highly collaborative team atmosphere.
- Successfully manage and deliver projects on time, on budget, and with high quality.
- Utilize internal project management tools and resources.
- Mentor/supervise, delegate, and oversee the work of technical staff and engineers; coordinate with other disciplines
- Ensure the project team is implementing quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) process
- Provide technical support on a variety of environmental services projects
- Devise and/or implement field programs
- Apply knowledge of geology and hydrogeology and/or engineering solutions and strategies to address soil, soil vapor, and groundwater contamination on clients' behalf
- Work with our national subject matter experts and client service teams to develop strategic approaches to investigate, remediate, optimize remedies, and close environmentally impacted sites
- Some field assignments will be required. Field work includes (but is not limited to) sampling soil, soil gas, indoor air, surface water, and/or groundwater; overseeing drilling operations, borehole logging, and/or well installations; coordinating/oversight of construction and drilling subcontractors
- Field assignments will require potential travel at all times of the year and might include overnight stays outside of the Irvine, California area
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Civil, Environmental, or related) with 5+ years of professional experience; MS Degree a plus
- Candidate should either have a California PE/PG or have a PE/PG from another state and be willing/able to obtain a California PE/PG in the near term
- Strong project management skills required
- Candidate must be willing and able to travel for daily and short-term field assignments
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification required
- Experience in the consulting field preferred
- Valid driver's license and good driving record
- Ability and willingness to complete field assignments that require potential travel at all times of the year with overnight stays outside the Irvine area, potentially for extended periods of time
Benefits and Other Compensation:
Comprehensive benefits package that promotes employee health, performance, and success which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, an employee assistance program, paid time off and parental leave, paid holidays, 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match, performance-based bonus eligibility, employee referral bonuses, and tuition reimbursement.