Location: Changhua/Taichung, Taiwan
Experience Level: 10-15 years
My client is currently seeking an experienced MEP Manager to join the team and lead efforts in delivering exceptional MEP solutions.
The MEP Manager will play a pivotal role in the organization, responsible for overseeing the design, construction, and maintenance of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and firefighting systems in high voltage substations and other facilities. This role requires a deep understanding of both electrical and mechanical systems, as well as expertise in design reviews, project management, and compliance with industry standards.
Mechanical and Electrical Expertise:
- Demonstrate strong knowledge and experience in both mechanical and electrical engineering principles.
- Design, analyze, and oversee the installation of MEP systems in high voltage (HV) substations.
- Ensure compliance with international standards and regulations for MEP systems.
- Conduct comprehensive design reviews for high voltage/HV substations, identifying potential issues and proposing improvements.
- Collaborate with project teams to optimize MEP system designs for efficiency and reliability.
- Lead and manage MEP projects from inception to completion, ensuring they meet budget, timeline, and quality targets.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams and subcontractors to deliver projects successfully.
Utilities and Facilities:
- Apply expertise in utilities and facilities engineering, including plumbing systems, firefighting systems, and related infrastructure.
- Participate in the design and implementation of utilities and facilities projects.
- Prepare and review technical documentation, including drawings, specifications, and reports.
- Maintain accurate records of project progress and documentation for compliance purposes.
- Supervise a team of MEP engineers and technicians, providing guidance, mentorship, and support.
- Foster a collaborative and productive work environment.
Compliance and Safety:
- Ensure that all MEP systems and projects comply with safety regulations and industry standards.
- Implement and enforce safety protocols and best practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or related field. Master's degree preferred.
- 10-15 years of progressive experience in MEP engineering, with a focus on high voltage substations.
- Strong knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems, plumbing, and firefighting systems.
- Familiarity with Taiwanese regulations and codes related to MEP systems.
- Project management skills, including budgeting and scheduling.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Leadership experience, with the ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Fluent in both English and Mandarin.
- Willingness to work in the Changhua/Taichung area, Taiwan.