Summary: This company is uniquely positioned to leverage global technology and financial partnerships to help modernize America's power generation. We are driven to improve our energy infrastructure by developing and operating power generation facilities using cutting edge, domestically available natural gas and renewable power technology.
Position Summary: The team is seeking a high performing Manager or Director to join its industry leading finance team. The finance group is responsible for the financial management of efficient, utility scale, operating clean energy generation projects that the company has developed, financed, overseen construction of, and holds an ownership interest in, as well as similar projects owned by third parties (private equity and other financial investors) that have entrusted the company to manage investments on their behalf. Reporting to the VP Finance, this position will serve as the lead finance contact within interdisciplinary teams focused on maximizing the performance of individual natural gas operating projects.
The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter with prior energy finance experience, who possesses an analytical mindset and thrives in a fast-paced environment. They will be willing to dig into the details as needed but capable of understanding, synthesizing, and presenting big picture performance drivers. Core job functions will include (i) FP&A/modeling, (ii) stakeholder relations, (iii) collateral/risk management, (iv) strategic capitalization optimization, (v) management reporting, (vi) treasury/cash management, and (vii) accounting oversight.
Location: Silver Spring, MD (hybrid)
The responsibilities for this role include:
- Present financial results, project performance, and variance analysis to key stakeholders, including preparation of MTD/QTD/YTD reporting packages
- Own the annual budget process and recurring project forecast updates; sensitize existing and/or create ad hoc financial models to drive investment decisions
- Review, understand, and ensure compliance with key existing project governing documents; assist with analysis supporting negotiation of emergent project agreements
- Manage day-to-day and medium-term liquidity, collateral, and treasury situations
- Contribute to one-off transactional activities (i.e., credit agreement refinancings)
- Build and grow strong internal and external stakeholder relationships, including project level equity partners, board of directors, lenders, rating agencies, etc.
- Collaborate closely with other departments within the company (commercial/trading, operations, accounting, legal) and manage junior Finance team members to delegate recurring work scope and further develop junior team members
- Constantly seek more efficient ways of doing things while liaising with other finance leads to ensure best practices are consistently applied across the portfolio
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Motivated self-starter that is detail-oriented, organized, and be able to manage several tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree with relevant Finance, Accounting, and/or Economics orientation (graduate degree a plus but not required)
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience, including experience specific to the energy industry finance function at utility, IPP, consulting, big 4 accounting, or similar companies, ideally including several years of exposure to the economics of and KPIs for merchant generating facilities
- Familiarity with basic financial reporting and accounting concepts; understanding of the balance sheet, P&L, and statements of equity/cash
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint (SQL / VBA / Power BI / etc. experience a plus but not required)
If interested in this position, do not hesitate in submitting an application!