Company Summary: This renewable energy company is a distributed generation platform accelerating decarbonization across the country. As a developer and IPP, they deliver clean energy solutions to multifamily properties, C&I rooftops, all types of households and businesses through community solar. The past years, they acquired well known C&I solar developer and since have developed over 500 solar projects from the Northeast all the way to Hawaii.
Position Summary: As a member of the Investments team, the Manager, Investments will be reporting to the Vice President, Project Finance. The Manager, Investments will work closely with Aspen's development and operations specialists to conduct due diligence, run complex financial analyses and ultimately lead underwriting for the business. Key activities will include leading the investment committee process, modeling out business cases (or overseeing modeling efforts), and presenting findings to management. In addition, the Manager, Investments will manage a team of analysts. The ideal candidate will demonstrate an entrepreneurial passion for renewable energy development, maximizing value creation, and a desire to help Aspen achieve its near and long term objectives.
Location: New York City, NY (hybrid, wfh Mondays and Fridays)
The responsibilities of the Manager, Investments include:
- Develop or oversees underwriting process for all Aspen investments, with a focus on project and pipeline acquisition
- Modeling business cases and/or auditing models prepared by Investments team
- Coordinates investment committee process, with regular exposure to the company's C-suite
- Has a deep understanding of DG value drivers and maintains knowledge of evolving state-level DG incentives and market rates
- Manages a team of 3-4 analysts, with a near-term goal of developing a high-performing team
- Manage project-level financial models for valuation and risk assessment
- Assisting the deal team on platform financing and capital raising
The Investments Manager should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, Business, or related field
- 4-6 years of experience working within an investment bank, project finance team, project developer, or investment platform
- Renewable energy experience, ideally in distributed generation