Job Title: Mergers and Acquisitions Associate
Location: New Jersey/New York City (Open to Remote)
The Mergers & Acquisitions group is seeking an Associate to support the origination, structuring, negotiation and execution of acquisitions, divestitures and investments for thee clients portfolio of energy infrastructure assets. This is a highly-visible role within the organization and presents an opportunity to gain significant exposure to the North American energy infrastructure sector in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
This position is open to remote work, however, there is a strong preference for the NYC/NJ metro area.
* Work with senior team members to identify and evaluate potential acquisition and investment opportunities;
* Develop detailed financial models for M&A transactions;
* Participate in all aspects of due diligence activities, including coordinating with operations, environmental, legal, tax and accounting teams to validate assumptions;
* Assist with the preparation of investment memoranda and presentations for executive management and the Board of Directors;
* Conduct research and analysis to screen and qualify potential M&A opportunities;
* Assist with the development of broader strategic initiatives and investment strategies.
Knowledge & Skills
* Strong analytical skills, creative problem-solving ability and attention to detail;
* Ability to multitask various projects effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment;
* Strong fundamental understanding of finance, accounting and valuation principles;
* Demonstrated ability and experience developing and managing complex financial models;
* Ability to formulate and articulate viewpoints (written and verbal) in a clear, succinct manner;
* Team-oriented with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop collaborative relationships across the organization;
* Driven, self-starter with a passion for excellence;
* Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint;
* Ability to travel;
* Investment banking, private equity, corporate development, corporate finance or management consulting experience;
* BA / BS from an accredited institution in Finance, Economics, Business, Accounting, or a similarly quantitative / analytical field;
* Prior experience with M&A transactions strongly preferred;
* Experience in energy, infrastructure or commercial real estate is preferred, but not required.
* 2-4 years of investment banking, private equity, corporate development, corporate finance or management consulting experience
If interested please apply!