The Local Service Leader manages transportation engineering projects ensuring delivery of high-quality work products and execution of production operations. The position provides consultation to clients and applies expertise to guide project teams in research, preparation and delivery of plans, designs, documents and specifications. The position will assist building out the transportation team in Denver, Colorado, and accomplish work winning efforts in the transportation engineering field. The Local Service Leader serves as a mentor and fosters a culture that encourages employee growth and engagement.
Summary of Duties:
- Identifies potential clients and/or projects and leverages relationships to win new work.
- Has a comprehensive understanding of all permitting within area of expertise including local, state, and federal agencies.
- Performs field reviews, certifications, and post design services.
- Researches and advises on code requirements, regulatory topics, construction techniques and cost analyses.
- Identifies, develops, and implements technical tools, techniques, software, materials, and processes to optimize efficiencies and quality.
- Actively contributes ideas, expertise and recommendations based upon industry knowledge.
- Manages production processes overseeing deliverables, reviewing work, and coordinating staff.
- Provides support to the Director ensuring regular communication regarding project, sub-consultant and staff performance, providing reports and data and coordinating technical items to successfully execute projects.
- Participates in client, agency, and consultant meetings.
- Prepares and distributes responses to proposal solicitations.
- Prepares/Reviews fee and scope documents for clients
- Produces and manages project schedules
- Manages, trains and coaches staff from a technical standpoint to ensure successful project delivery.
- Travels locally to client, consultant, job site, agency, and work locations, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, related field or equivalent relevant work experience is required.
- Professional Engineer license in Colorado
- 10 or more years of experience in transportation engineering.
- 6 or more years of experience managing projects.
- Leadership or supervisory experience.
Salary range: $150,000 - $200,000
(salary range is based upon candidate's experience and qualifications)