The client is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Lead Resident Engineer (Mechanical) to join their dynamic team in the Waste to Energy industry in Singapore. As the Lead Resident Engineer, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing mechanical engineering activities related to waste-to-energy projects. Your expertise and leadership will play a crucial role in ensuring the successful execution and completion of projects, while adhering to safety, quality, and environmental standards. This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity for an individual who thrives in a fast-paced, innovative environment and is passionate about sustainable solutions.
- Project Management: Lead and manage mechanical engineering aspects of waste-to-energy projects from inception to completion, ensuring adherence to project schedules, budgets, and quality standards.
- Technical Expertise: Provide technical guidance and support to the project team, including mechanical engineers, designers, and technicians, in all phases of the project lifecycle.
- Design Review: Review and evaluate mechanical designs, specifications, and drawings to ensure compliance with applicable codes, standards, and project requirements.
- Equipment Selection: Collaborate with procurement teams to identify and select appropriate mechanical equipment and materials for waste-to-energy facilities, considering efficiency, durability, and cost-effectiveness.
- Construction Oversight: Supervise and coordinate mechanical construction activities, ensuring compliance with design specifications, safety protocols, and regulatory requirements.
- Troubleshooting and Problem Solving: Identify and resolve technical issues and challenges that may arise during project implementation, using sound engineering principles and innovative problem-solving techniques.
- Stakeholder Management: Liaise and collaborate with internal stakeholders, including project managers, site engineers, and operators, as well as external stakeholders such as contractors, suppliers, and regulatory authorities.
- Quality Assurance: Implement quality control measures to ensure the highest standards of mechanical engineering work, including inspections, testing, and commissioning activities.
- Documentation and Reporting: Prepare and review technical reports, progress updates, and other project-related documentation to track project milestones and communicate project status to stakeholders.
- Compliance and Safety: Ensure strict adherence to safety protocols, environmental regulations, and industry best practices, promoting a culture of safety and compliance within the project team and at project sites.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 10+ years experience in mechanical engineering, with a focus on waste-to-energy or similar industrial projects.
- Strong knowledge of waste-to-energy technologies, mechanical systems, and equipment commonly used in the industry.
- Proven track record in leading and managing engineering teams in complex projects.
- Proficiency in relevant engineering software and tools for design and analysis.
- Familiarity with local regulations and codes related to waste management and energy generation.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to diverse stakeholders.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to make sound engineering judgments.
- Demonstrated commitment to safety, quality, and environmental sustainability.
If you or someone you know is interested, please submit your updated CV. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.