An award winning firm is looking for a strong Interior Designer to join our Senior Living team in Baltimore!
Their ideal next team member will have a passion for design excellence, excellent communication skills, and a dedication to client service. This individual will work directly with the Lead Designer throughout the project duration and will be part of an integrated project team. Self-motivation and time management skills are key to success in this role.
- Develops a thorough understanding of projects' design vision and uses space planning, 3D visualization, knowledge of materials and common building practices to create a design and carry it through to completion
- Communicates design intent, verbally, graphically and in writing to the internal design team as well clients, consultants and contractors
- Actively collaborates with and coordinates work of consultants to ensure the project deliverables are coordinated, integrated, and support the design concept
- Contributes to the preparation of design documents and detailed development of construction documents during all project phases
- Reviews shop drawings, material submittals and conducts periodic site visits during construction
- Sources architectural materials, equipment and products as well as furnishings and fabrics and assembles into a cohesive scheme that is then recorded via specification and/or in document sets. Occasional layout and assembly of material boards
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Interior Design
- 3-10 years of experience designing corporate, multi-family, hospitality or senior living spaces
- NCIDQ certification is preferred, but not required
- Excellent design, graphic and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written, and graphic communication skills
- Experience interfacing with clients and collaborating with Architecture and consultant teams
- Proficiency with design and documentation software including Revit, Sketchup, Adobe Creative Suite. Enscape experience is preferred but not required.
- Experience in preparing construction documents and construction administration
- Possesses general knowledge of building codes and ADA guidelines as they relate to life safety and space planning
- Team player with a collaborative mindset
- Interest in Senior Living Interiors
Work Schedule: Hybrid, 2 days in office & 3 days remote
- Medical, Dental
- 401k Plan
- 18 days PTO to start, 10 holidays off
- Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Pet Insurance
- Professional Development Budget
- Licensure Fee Reimbursements
- Mentorship Program
- Quarterly events including: Holiday parties, bowling events, sport event outings, volunteer days, biweekly happy hours, breakfast bars, and more!
Interested? Don't wait to apply!