The Construction Manager will be responsible for managing construction work, financials, scheduling, and quality management on the project. Ensures project maintains company and service-provider standards, as well as local and national law of the country in APAC.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide overall Construction Project Management of the team, site, and contractors
- Lead, implement and review on site safety management procedures to ensure compliance to all mandatory and industry standards. Lead the safety management process in construction, design and handover to operations teams.
- Advise and lead in contract negotiations to determine design and construction programme and costs, while always ensuring that the highest quality of service is procured.
- Evaluate construction methods and determine cost-effectiveness of plans.
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
- Identify, track, pursue and close out business and project risks
- Identify, track and pursue opportunities to innovate design, de-risk programme, manage budget and project quality delivery
- Lead and coordinate multiple external consultants for the design, construction and delivery of the data centres
- Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems and ultimately ensure execution of the construction plan/programme.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Play a leading role in the delivery of the sub-structure, super-structure and M&E design process, and assist with Structural, Architectural and M&E Consultants in achieving cost effective and resilient infrastructures on each site they work on.
- Conduct regular project review meetings with Project and Construction consultants and contractors both on and off site and report to Group project team on a regular basis.
- Assist in the development of project management systems, procedures and processes to ensure that external consultants and the internal team interface in the successful completion of the project.
- Advise and maintain standards for monitoring design and construction programme, cost control and project information systems to ensure successful project delivery.
- Prepare fortnightly and monthly reports in coordination with site PMs and regional PMs based on agreed standard formats that demonstrate and provide accurate information to the Senior Management team regarding projects currently in execution to demonstrate clearly that they are being managed to a successful outcome (including relevant financial and cash-flow reports).
- Ensure compliance with all relevant local permitting and government/local authority regulations.
- Together with local construction and fit out teams ensure all project plans and information are properly communicated and understood by all relevant GS staff including costs, design schedules, procurement, construction issues, M&E technical data, construction issues, contractor invoices and payments, funding requirements, change order notifications and any other issues that might materially affect the construction progress of each project.
- Ensure timely resolution of issues and deficiencies and develop and implement contingency plans to recover project costs and schedule slippage when appropriate.
- Develop and implement a robust and complete handover system from construction to operational phases.
- Ensure the proper and complete handover of the completed works to the GS operations teams.
- Participate in a culture of a teamwork and continuous improvement.
- Responsible for implementing modern project management and quality assurance techniques.
- Works closely with the Projects management team, Project Managers, Site Operations Managers, Facility Managers / Supervisors and rollout team regarding the design, construction and progress of the works.
- Support the local Managing Director and Sales Manager with customer discussions and queries
- Regular liaison with consultants and power authorities to ensure correct design and implementation of electricity supply.