We have a current opportunity for a Technology Designer - Remote on a permanent basis. The position can be based anywhere in the USA. For further information about this position please apply.
- Niche Technology Consulting firm covering AV/ICT/Security
- Work on Health care, Government & Science & Tech among others
- Focus on employee well being
- Encourage further education and cover costs
- Cover costs of up keep of certification
- The role will require coordinating with various in-house MEP design teams across multiple projects, therefore having a positive and easygoing attitude is essential, as would be having good verbal & written communication skills, and good graphical presentation skills.
- To be able to use at a base level, a variety of graphical software tools such as Bluebeam and AutoCAD in relation to extract, modify and to create 2D drawings based on information provided by MEP and Architect teams.
- Ability to work with Revit models is required.
- To provide detailed, accurate and scaled drawings that are compliant with company standards, in supporting the ICT team in producing design drawing packs.
- To coordinate design drawing information from multiple design disciplines, Security and AV and IT.
- Take responsibility for Smart Group project filing structures, ensuring internal QA standards are applied and maintained efficiently.
- You should be computer literate with a base understanding of Microsoft Office - Specifically Excel, Word and Visio.
- Base knowledge of optical & copper structured cabling would be advantageous but not essential, however if you do not have any experience in structured cabling systems, please note that you will be required to develop your structured cabling knowledge, and be prepared to go on internal and external optical & copper structured cabling training courses with the intention to build up your design skills in this area.
- To learn and assist colleagues with on-site surveys and structured cabling testing.
- To develop your knowledge around report writing, so that you can get to a position of a good level of understanding.
- Be able to establish rapport and good working relationships with colleagues and project team members.
- Be able to project a positive and professional attitude at all times.
- It is key that you will be comfortable working as part of a team in a collaborative working environment.
Skills And Experience
- Ideally the candidate will have had at least 2 year's experience with Revit.
- Experience in an ICT design role or similar position would be desirable, but not essential.