I am on the Urgent Search for a General Superintendent who is skilled in Deep Foundation construction. The successful applicant will oversee crews responsible for installation of micropiles and tie backs in Ohio & Pittsburgh.
- Oversee multiple crews
- Assist in preparing work plans and scheduling in determining manpower levels, material quantities, and equipment requirements.
- Examine/inspect field conditions and troubleshoot problems, correct inaccuracies, and implement cost saving measures.
- Monitor and adhere to established budgetary guidelines for job and ensure that cost control measures are being followed.
- Sets up tooling for rigs including duplex and down-hole hammers.
- Perform pre-operational inspections, safety checks, load chart calculations, and daily logs.
- Properly follows company and OSHA safety procedures.
- Follows daily procedures and protocols as set forth in job orientations and training.
- Performs routine inspection and preventative maintenance on assigned equipment.
- Assists in training entry level employees to perform maintenance and repair duties as required.
- Keep general superintendent informed of known actions, written or verbal, which may affect the ability to successfully perform tasks at construction project sites or adversely affect Company operations.
- Other projects or duties as assigned by management
- 10+ years' experience with Geotechnical/Foundations Contractors at a Superintendent Level.
- Must possess knowledge and ability to read and interpret plans and blueprints.
- OSHA 10, First Aid/CPR training.
- Considerable knowledge of heavy equipment operating principles.
- Good communication skills both oral and written when working with all levels of management and employees, external vendors and other business associates.