What We're Looking For
We are currently seeking to fill the position of Civil Group Leader focused on Site Civil Design throughout Georgia for the Site Solutions business unit.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Leads and manages civil engineering staff in the preparation of construction documents including specifications, cost estimates, and reports. Provides oversight on production and technical quality.
- Partners with other firm leaders to assist in developing new business in the Georgia market
- Facilitates a collaborative work environment and advances initiatives that support a positive workplace culture
- Manages civil department employees including selection, development, and coaching for improvement
- Mentors & guides early career Engineers and Engineers-in-Training in developing final design plans.
- Plans & executes workload through staff and resource management
- Performs engineering design for projects from conceptual to final design
- Assists in the analysis of reports, maps, drawings, and calculations to plan and design projects
- Completes assignments within budget and schedule while working with design teams involving multiple disciplines
- Assists in client contact and communication, and attends client meetings
- Prepares proposals and fee estimates
- Ability to respond to and manage demanding developer clients, projects and schedules
- Performs other duties as required
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration required
- Minimum of 15+ years of engineering experience
- Experience in business development and marketing of industrial, commercial, and residential developers.
- Familiarity and experience working in Atlanta and throughout Georgia is preferred
- Experience using AutoCAD and/or MicroStation is preferred
- Strong skills in site grading, stormwater, and utilities
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret job-related manuals and documents
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite