Position: FP&A Manager
Location: San Diego, CA (Hybrid)
Summary: A leading engineering, procurement, construction (EPC) and solar services provider for utility solar, high voltage substation and energy storage markets across North America. We are committed to bringing passion and customer focus to our business. If you're interested in a meaningful career helping create a brighter future for all please feel free to apply.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Partner with senior management to build and maintain accurate financial models at both the project and corporate levels.
- Collaborate with company departments to gather and analyze data and information.
- Be an analytical thought partner to the C-suite and finance organization, helping with a variety of critical business analyses.
- Present information and analysis to various teams in a clear and concise manner.
- Report weekly on project status, capital spend, cash flows, among other items.
- Assist the team with financial reporting as required for the company.
- Run budget to actual variances for project and corporate costs and cash flows.
- Compile and track information for project transactions and associated data rooms.
- Assist in the evaluation of company performance through analysis and critical thinking.
- Complete ad hoc tasks and analysis as necessary to best support the company.
Minimum Skills or Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Accounting, Economics or Finance required; MBA optional
- 7-10 years of finance experience (EPC, developer or large corporate construction finance is a plus)
- CPA, CFA, MBA highly preferred, but not required
- Strong competency with P&L / Balance Sheet / Cash Flow forecasting, decision models (IRR, NPV,)
- Presence and poise, as the position will have considerable visibility/attention from senior management and the Board of Directors
- Demonstrated proficiency creating and analyzing data sets and independently drawing key conclusions based on the analysis
- Strong Excel financial modeling skills and strong knowledge of accounting
- Extremely high attention to detail
- Strong aptitude to learn complex concepts (tax, energy policy, financial structures, etc.)
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative and accountability
- Organized, diligent, and able to track and manage multiple streams of information on an ongoing basis - with both speed and accuracy
- Ability to multi-task and work in a deadline-driven environment
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Team player
- Some background knowledge in Engineering, large-scale Service operations, or Construction is a plus, but not required