LVI are searching for a Forensic Structural Engineer in the Twin Cities to join a small, but establish satellite office of a boutique consulting firm.
Headquartered in the Midwest, this boutique firm is extremely quality focused and client driven. They pride themselves on providing excellent quality of work in order to retain their clients.
The opportunity is for a PE licensed engineer to step into a senior position right away, providing technical oversight and guidance to the other engineers in the office, with scope to take over and run the Minneapolis branch in the future.
- Bachelors degree in structural engineering or related field.
- PE Licensed in MN - Other states advantageous but not required).
- Experience investigating roofing and envelope failures in both commercial & residential vertical structures.
- Experience in forensic investigations - water infiltration, storm damage, non-destructive moisture testing, roof inspections/collapses
- Provide professional structural engineering analysis and consultation, conduct on-site investigations including structural evaluations, plan reviews, existing document reviews, visual observation, and engaging in interviewing points of contact.
- Prepare accurate and concise reports or notes to file outlining the origin and cause of the damages. Use understanding and knowledge of engineering principles and methods, codes, industry standards, and previous experience to analyze data and determine the cause, origin and extent of damage and failure for residential, commercial and industrial buildings.
If you, or anyone you know would be a good fit or would like more information on this position - please apply to this advert or reach out directly: