Currently accepting & reviewing applications for a Forensic Mechanical Engineer to work for a New York based engineering services firm that takes pride in serving their clients.
Aside from substation services this client has a great track record for offering solutions related to mechanical, electrical, structural and civil engineering and services attorneys and insurance companies.
Great opportunity for anyone local to the are or interested in relocation. Also a great opportunity for anyone looking to join a large engineering firm with a great family orientated and relaxed culture.
- Minimum 7- 10 years in mechanical engineering.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering
- P.E licensed or the ability to obtain within the year
- Must have at least 5 years of US based employer experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The engineer will be expected to evaluate the cause of failure, extent of damage, and options for repair in a variety of mechanical systems and construction-related circumstances. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Determine the scope of repair and evaluate repair options
- Determine the cause of failure of mechanical components and systems
- Evaluate the cause and extent of damage following storms, natural disasters, accidents, and fires/explosions
- Effectively communicate opinions in writing and verbally, and sometimes as testimony
- Effectively and patiently communicate technical matters to laypersons and attorneys
As well as-
- Help to ensure group profitability by generating business to sustain productivity of self and other on the Mechanical Engineering team.
- Build and sustain effective relationships with current and potential clients
- Explore and develop new markets with other senior staff
- Aid in the development of junior staff though mentoring/coaching