LVI are in search of an Architect with experience, and interest, in Forensic Architecture. This role will allow you to work closely with architects, owners, investors, insurance agents and contractors, to provide them with expert-level building envelope and waterproofing consulting services on multi-family residential, industrial, and commercial projects all over the country.
The company's main functions include performing forensic analyses, property condition assessments, and on-site observations and reports. The company has built an exceptional reputation by providing value to their clients through their accurate evaluations and expert problem-solving.
If you are an Architect looking for the chance to work with a company that stands out from the rest, this opportunity is worth considering. This position will give you the opportunity to collaborate with intellectually curious peers with a high level of technical expertise and integrity.
- Perform investigations of building envelope failures
- Diagnose failures and recommend solutions for building envelope systems
- Perform on-site observations and document as-built conditions and damage to building systems due to natural (e.g., floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, fires, and earthquakes) and human-induced (e.g., design and construction errors) origins.
- Utilize building codes, technical knowledge, and understanding of construction practices to recommend repair solutions and report cause and origin analyses.
- Evaluation of design drawings and documentation.
- Communicate with clients, code officials, and contractors to address construction issues and provide detailed reports.
- Manage multiple project assignments and completing them in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain client relationships.
- Travel as needed, sometimes on short notice.
- Bachelor or Master of Science in Architecture from an NAAB accredited program.
- State of Colorado Licensed Architect - Licensed in Multiple States is a plus.
- Minimum 7 Years Architectural Experience in design or a background that demonstrates an understanding of building construction.
- Property loss and construction defects experience is a plus
- Knowledge of National Building and Construction Codes (e.g., IBC, IRC,…)
- Knowledge of heat, air and moisture control within enclosure materials and assemblies.
- Familiarity with performance and testing requirements.
- Field experience - Must be able to physically carry and climb ladders to access roofs.
- Litigation and Expert Witness experience is a plus
Compensation and Benefits:
- Hybrid Role (Four days in office per week)
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life Insurance
- Bonus Plan