You will work with a team of architects and engineers in the building science practice, including design review, performance modeling, field observation and building enclosure consulting. You must have a minimum of 10 years of experience with specific knowledge and experience in the design, evaluation, investigation, and commissioning of building enclosure components and assemblies on both new and existing structures.
- Experience and knowledge in evaluation of enclosure systems
- Conduct investigation and assessments of existing building enclosure systems
- Diagnose, analyze, troubleshoot and solve complex building system problems in a collaborative manner
- Manage detailed evaluation of complicated building façade systems
- Evaluate energy models, including building systems and life cycle costs analysis
- Conduct quality assurance reviews, ensure writing quality and analysis rigor, and accurate, clear technical comments
- Conduct quality assurance reviews to ensure engineering quality and accurate technical content of project documents
- Have knowledge of relative enclosure systems costs as they relate to evaluating potential enclosure systems.
- Understand enclosure system manufacturing process for a variety of systems.
- Bachelor of Science in Architectural Engineering, Architecture, or Engineering
- Licensed Architect or Professional Engineer
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Understanding of architectural, structural and basic mechanical and electrical system design documents
- Ability to provide clear and well-written reports to clients (building owners, architects, engineers) regarding project specific system performance and energy evaluations
- Knowledge of building codes, design guidelines, and industry standards
- Involvement in building enclosure and building sciences professional organization
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Proficient with AutoCAD, Bluebeam, Microsoft Office applications, THERM, WUFI
- Building Commissioning experience
- Master's degree preferred
Geographic Area of Responsibility:
- Local travel around Chicago
- Hybrid: 1-2 Days in the office based on site visits/inspections.
- Annual bonuses, overtime bonus, group health insurance benefits, 401k plans, quarterly company outings, happy hours, assistance with professional license costs.