We have a current opportunity for a Mid-Level Environmental Engineer or Geologist on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Long Beach. For further information about this position please apply.
- Senior technical resource may serve as technical advisor for the team
- Provide specialized technical input to studies and design in your specific area(s) of expertise
- Develops study and design procedures to facilitate high-quality and cost-effective work by others
- Participates in the interdisciplinary review of project deliverables
- Develops construction cost estimates and estimates of technical efforts for projects
- Uses expertise to complete discipline component of PS&E package
- Performs quality control review of deliverables
- Prepares technical specification sections.
- Provides input to the development of engineering budget and schedule to meet requirements
- Assist or lead proposal efforts to provide services or obtain funding for project or programs
- Use client credibility gained from delivering high-quality technical services to expand work assignments
- Communicates with clients to discuss work scope, request information to support project implementation, and receive client comments on draft work products
- May have formal supervisory responsibilities
- Mentor staff through recurring meetings and assignments
- Prepares project deliverables using a team of more junior technical and support staff
- Bachelor's degree in chemical, civil, mechanical, or environmental engineering or related field.
- 4 years of experience in environmental engineering or geology or demonstrated equivalency of experience and education
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certification
- Advanced degree related to the position preferred
- Prior experience managing direct reports preferred
- Acquired or able to obtain PE or PG certification within 12 months of accepting a position