As a Senior Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of low voltage design projects, including lighting, fire alarms, and power delivery systems. You will work closely with our clients, architects, and other engineering disciplines to develop cost-effective, energy-efficient, and sustainable electrical designs. Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Leading the electrical design process from concept to completion, including preparing detailed calculations, specifications, and drawings.
- Conducting site surveys and assessments to identify project requirements and constraints.
- Collaborating with clients, architects, and other engineering disciplines to develop coordinated design solutions.
- Reviewing and approving design documents, including drawings, reports, and specifications.
- Providing technical guidance and mentoring to junior engineers and designers.
- Managing project budgets, schedules, and resources to ensure successful project delivery.
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest industry standards, codes, and regulations.
Qualifications: To be successful in this role, you must possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Professional Engineering (PE) license.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in electrical engineering, with a focus on low voltage design projects in the MEP industry.
- Strong knowledge of lighting, fire alarm, and power delivery systems, including codes and standards.
- Proficiency in using industry-standard software such as AutoCAD, Revit, and electrical load calculation tools.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts to clients, team members, and other stakeholders.
- Proven track record of successful project delivery and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.