Company Summary: The company is a comprehensive turnkey solutions provider that delivers electric school buses to school districts and third-party managed fleet providers. Being a market leader in the eletricification-as-a-service, focused on schools, municipal, and other government agency fleets. They currently have over 330 electric school buses under subscription and are the first company to deploy the first Vehicle-to-Grid (V2G) programs in Massachusetts and Vermont. Currently, they have equity backing of $235 million in both funding and project financing.
Position Summary: The Director/Senior Manager, Project Finance position is responsible for managing the analysis of various financing options for our projects under development as well as new development opportunities. This position will support all aspects of transaction execution, from acquisition to divestiture.
The job title will be dependent on the candidate's years of experience and background.
Location: Beverly, MA (open to hybrid or fully remote)
The responsibilities of the Director/Senior Manager include:
- Identifying potential project investors within the equity fund and banking communities and develop strategies to build up our pipeline; propose, facilitate, and close project finance solutions
- Creating and maintaining complex project finance models for internal and external parties to evaluate projects during various stages of development, construction, and operation on an individual and portfolio basis
- Specifically synthesizing and modelling terms of loans, tax equity bridge loans, and sponsor equity with back-leverage loans in time and yield-based partnership flip structures
- Reviewing project documentation and third-party reports, including PPAs, financing term sheets and agreements, IE reports, etc., and accurately integrate assumptions into financial models
- Independently developing and running sensitivities in models and quantify resultant impact on sponsor IRR and margin
- Creating marketing materials for fundraising, including teasers, CIMs, and management of data rooms
- Managing closing process, including coordinating reviews and approvals across multi-functional teams, to bring the transaction to financial close under tight timeframes
The Director/Senior Manager should have the following qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of project finance, corporate finance, or investment banking experience in renewable energy or similar industry
- Deep familiarity with project finance structures, including partnership flips, construction financing, and back-leverage; familiarity with sale-leasebacks and inverted leases a plus
- Experience creating marketing materials, including teasers, CIMs, and managing data rooms
- Demonstrated ability to bring closure to complex and high value business transactions under tight timeframes; investment banking experience a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams, including managing the financial, legal, and internal review and approval process to successfully close transactions
- Strong communication skills with proven track record in building relationships and working in cross-functional collaborative teams
If interested in the position, please do not hesitate in applying!