Title: Director of Utility Origination
Summary: My Client is the leading owner of Stand-Alone Battery Storage and Solar + Storage projects across North America. As a trailblazer in the energy storage sector, they have developed over 800 Mwh or Energy storage projects. With over 10+ years of experience in the industry my client is expanding their portfolio globally. They are looking to bring on a Director of Utility Origination responsible for the origination and closing of deals with utilities for solar and battery storage projects. If you are skilled at building customer relationships, new market and customer prospecting, and executing strategies to grow deal pipelines then this could be the opportunity for you!
The ideal candidate will be able to operate on a hybrid schedule out of the NYC office, but this can also be a Fully Remote position for candidates who are outside the New York City Area,
The Director of Utility Origination will be responsible for….
- Working with utilities across the United States, managing each step of the deal cycle from customer discovery, contract negotiations, and close of the sale.
- The ability to understand the respond to RFPs.
- Lead the coordination of all site origination working with internal subject matters such as site control, preliminary design, permitting, as well as budgeting and scheduling.
- Implement land campaigns working with the GIS teams to find suitable sites.
- Preparing and presenting to key stakeholders and the company's executive board.
- Negotiate complex contracts, lead client meetings, and present to key stakeholders, council meetings, and internally.
- Lead prospecting efforts, working cross functionally with technical teams to return the highest value to clients.
- Stay up to date on regulatory and enviromental regulation and policies in different markets.
The Director of Utility Origination should have experience with….
- 5+ years of experience in originating and closing utility scale renewable energy projects.
- 3+ years of experience overseeing the entire development life cycle for solar or battery storage projects.
- Success at origination, negotiating, and closing deals.
- A strong preference for experience in the energy or renewable energy industry.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Strong finical analysis skills.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please submit your CV below.