The client is seeking a Director of Transportation based out of our Orlando, FL office. This position will manage the transportation staff and projects. The Director of Transportation will also ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and of the highest quality while maintaining positive client relationships. The most frequent and essential work activities include:
- Establish, maintain and monitor schedules, budgets and staffing for projects.
- Mentor and train employees.
- Responsible for marketing client to FDOT and other clients.
- Responsible for creating and executing business plans for the group.
- Responsible for successful execution of projects.
- Complete project tasks within deadlines and work within allotted project budgets.
- Communicate adequately with all team members and senior management.
- Monitor project finances monthly.
- Monitor accounts receivable.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- Florida PE License
- 15+ Years' experience in transportation (roadway) design
- Minimum of 5 years of previous management experience or 10 years of project management experience
- Knowledge and experience with MicroStation, InRoads and/or Geopak
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid driver's license prior to employment.