Our client, a 100% employee owned General Contractor is looking to add a Director of Preconstruction to its team in Charleston, SC. The ideal candidate will have prior leadership experience working on preconstruction for large scale commercial projects.
You're opportunity to be involved in shaping the skylines of South Carolina starts here... The group is looking for someone that is business savvy, entrepreneurial minded and experienced!
Responsiblities will include:
- Manage the Preconstruction division
- Perform accurate and detailed line item material takeoffs
- Capable of estimating and purchasing for multiple projects concurrently
- Prequalify all subcontractors and supplies
- Spearhead bid management, analyze bids & maintain related software
- Investigate local market conditions & research new markets to solicit bids on upcoming projects
- Minimum of an Associate's degree or equivalent experience, Bachelors degree in Construction Technology preferred
- Minimum of 6 years project management or estimating and purchasing experience on projects in excess of $15 million
- Mixed-use construction experience preferred
- Solid design and blueprint comprehension