I have an immediate need of a Project Development and Environmental Director (PD&E) in either our Tampa, Orlando, or Jacksonville FL offices for our Transportation & Infrastructure division. This position will include, office leadership, and other firm-wide roles. The successful candidate will support our current staff while assisting in growing the state PD&E practice to better service our clients statewide.
This position offers a leadership role at an Engineer News-Record (ENR) Top 50 rated firm. This individual would assist other senior staff in collaborating with various transportation agencies in Florida. The ideal candidate is an individual who desires to lead through example, is professionally respected, an excellent communicator, and possesses a vast understanding of PD&E principles.
The candidate will be managing projects under supervision from senior managers and work with junior staff members for successful project production and execution. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow a PD&E practice, work with various clients in Central and North Florida, and lead business development efforts for PD&E pursuits. This is an excellent role for a creative, self-motivated and detail-oriented professional that enjoys being a part of a team environment and growing a team!
- Practice building, mentorship and skill development of professional staff
- Management of PD&E, planning, and traffic operation studies
- Lead the preparation of NEPA documents including Preliminary Engineering Reports, alternatives analyses, and feasibility studies
- Lead business development and proposal efforts for PD&E and planning projects
- Management of a multi-discipline technical teams to deliver projects to clients
- Negotiating and establishing project budgets, staffing, project coordination and productivity necessary to deliver exceptional services to our clients.
- Coordination with other directors/leaders to ensure a consistent level of technical standards and applications on projects
- Performs and manages diverse and complex discipline work tasks requiring extensive planning, communication and management skills
- Collaborates with multi-discipline professionals within the project team and includes the ability to integrate a series of independent and often interrelated professional actions to attain desired project goals
- Develop and nurture key client relationships and leverage existing client relationships for future work opportunities
- Working with practice and office leadership, focus on client development, business development and industry participation
- Assist with public involvement efforts and presentations
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or Planning (Master's Degree a plus)
- Minimum 15 years of PD&E and NEPA experience; traffic demand modeling experience a plus
- Florida Professional Engineer (PE) or AICP License
- Direct experience in successfully delivering transportation studies, feasibility studies, alternatives analysis, environmental impact statements and assessments and leadership for multi-discipline projects with high degrees of technical complexity and multidisciplinary project teams.
- Experience working with transportation agencies including federal, state and local authorities. Demonstrated planning practice development and management capability.
- Experience with FDOT required
- A strong reputation with major clients, knowledge of market opportunities in Florida, and a facility for business development and winning project work;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven project management skills, with experience overseeing complex transportation projects
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with MicroStation is a plus