Company Summary: This company is an industry leader in the development, acquisition, and operation of renewable energy and storage. With an operating portfolio of 2.4+ GW and a substantial development pipeline, the company is one the nation's largest non-utility portfolios of renewables and energy storage. The company is dedicated to solving a critical challenge in the transformation of their energy systems: decarbonizing electricity supply while maintaining affordability, reliability and resilience.
Position Summary: Reporting to the SVP Corporate Finance, the Director of M&A is responsible for managing the Corporate Development functions. You have a deep understanding of power markets as well as asset and portfolio/corporate M&A. The ideal candidate excels in a fast-paced, start-up culture where 'no job is too small,' possesses strong technical finance skills and relishes strategic thinking, mentoring employees, and tactical execution.
Location: Houston, TX or New York City, NY (hybrid)
The responsibilities of the Director of M&A include:
- Partner with senior executives to identify acquisition and divestiture opportunities that meet strategic objectives
- Develop a network of renewable energy developers, industry contacts, financial sponsor participants and investment bankers to source investment opportunities
- Attend industry conferences, research adjacent markets and monitor competitors to identify M&A prospects that represent a good fit for the company
- Conduct rigorous analysis to provide detailed guidance and insight regarding potential acquisitions
- Lead due diligence and integration efforts for acquisitions, including coordinating cross-functional teams during evaluation process
- Negotiate purchase price and deal terms, build financial models to support valuation and establish key benchmarks for post-close planning
- Serve as a mentor to junior team members
- Recruit the best talent and develop future leaders
- Assist with finance-related special projects, as they may arise
The Director of M&A should have the following qualifications:
- 7+ years of experience in corporate development, private equity or investment banking with an energy focus
- Experience driving multiple business deals from sourcing through integration; ability to manage complex negotiations from start to finish
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated, can-do attitude, problem-solver who can work in a fast-paced environment
- Team player who can work across multiple departments and levels within the company
If interested in the position, please do not hesitate in applying!