Due to rapid growth, this company is in need of a Director of Electrical / Automation Engineering.
This is business critical, hands on role that that has day to day direct responsibility for the staff of electrical and automation engineers as well as indirect oversight of electromechanical technicians. In addition to the management aspect of the position this person role will have project execution responsibility including PLC, HMI and robotic programming, documentation and project management.
The right person will be organised, energetic with a proven track record or solving complex automation applications firsthand. The individual in this role is required to be the technical "face of automation" for the business and support the applications, sales and project management teams at customer sites etc.
- Drive strategic direction for companies controls and automation systems
- Design, specification, implementation, commissioning, trouble-shooting, and continuous improvement of automation for food and beverage and bio-pharmaceutical production facilities.
- Support an oversee electrical and control panel design
- Specification of automation hardware and software
- Development of design documents
- Programming to include but not limited to controllers, operator interfaces, VFD's and complex servo motion
- Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) support
- Site start-up and Site Acceptance Test (SAT) support
- Project Management, scheduling, resource management, scope, & customer correspondence
- Lead and mentor electrical and automation engineers
- Operational support
- Control system troubleshooting support
- Evaluate new technologies for their application within a manufacturing facility
- Support proposals department in developing the scope and budget for new projects
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- 10 years minimum Industrial Automation / Control Systems Integration experience
- Experience with PLCs such as: Rockwell/Allen-Bradley
- Working knowledge of process systems and continuous processes
- AutoCAD and Panel Design
- Travel up to 25%
- Robotics, Fanuc, experience a plus
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- 401k with matching