Title: Director of Development
Summary: My client is a leading owner and operator of utility scale and distributed generation solar and storage projects throughout the United States. They are seeking a motivated individual to join their team as a Director of Development to lead a team of junior developers working together to achieve the goals of solar and storage project development. This position will focus on Utility scale solar, storage, and hybrid projects located in ERCOT. This position with have 1-3 direct reports and will be expected to be hands on with the development work and working collaborative throughout the project lifecycle.
The Director of Development will be responsible for….
- Leading development activities from greenfield to NTP and working with internal teams in areas including site acquisition, permitting, interconnection, offtake, and policy.
- Working closely with the origination, policy, storage, investment and project finance teams.
- Prepare and submit land use permits application, execute on permitting strategy, and attend permitting meetings and hearings.
- Participate in offtake origination for maturing assets.
- Serve as a player/coach for a team of 1-3 junior developers working together to achieve development milestones.
The Director of Development should have experience with….
- 5+ years of experience within renewable energy development with a preference for utility scale experience in ERCOT, PJM, and/or MISO.
- BS degree required, MBA or relevant masters preferred.
- Strong work ethic and desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please submit your CV below.