This client is one of the world's most prominent PV manufacturers. They provide solutions for all types and scales of energy storage. Their products offer software platforms for developers, project operators, and financiers to deploy projects seamlessly.
The client is focused on building sustainability for the future so that our future generations can live in a cleaner, better world. Their software aims to optimize energy and power stations from available solar, wind, and battery storage. They are looking for candidates who share a similar vision in being an integral part of the shift to 100% renewable energy.
ABOUT THIS JOB
As Director/Senior Director of Data Science, you will manage the Data Science team which includes numerous cross-functional teams (ML Ops, ML, optimization, Forecasting, Data Engineering). This would be a high visibility & impact position with a growing team. You will also have direct contributions to the overall business & product strategy/vision.
- Build high quality software that mitigates key business problems.
- Work with cross-functional teams including the DevOps, Hardware, Product Management, System test, and Software teams.
- Build and grow a team of 30+ people from different countries.
- Encourage and motivate the rest of the team in the company's vision of reaching 100% sustainability.
- Responsible for drafting the vision, roadmap, and execution of the Data Science team charter.
- Mentor and foster growth within the team
- Provide technical insight into key decisions
- Directly work with executives and leaders to map business & product strategy and roadmaps.
- PhD or M.S. in a relevant field
- 10+ years of experience in the industry
- 5+ years of leadership/management experience & production software
- Strong technical & people skills
- Ability to turn complicated business problems into actionable analytic projects
- Collaborate with other teams to drive cross-team projects
- Urgency and commitment
- Experience in the renewable sector
- Experience with ML techniques and tools (ARIMA, neural network, PyTorch, Keras, Scikit-Learn)
- Proficiency with optimization techniques and packages (Pyomo, Cyxpy, Express, Cplex)
- Experience in ML Operations (container orchestration, code isolation, data versioning, graph-based computation):
- Proficiency with Cloud services (AWS, Snowflake, Kubernetes, Docker, Microservices)
- Experience in CI/CD pipelines & agile, source control management environments
- Proficiency in ETL pipelines (automation, data queries, data visualization) using Python, SQL, relevant AWS services, Airflow, etc.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT GELI
Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Competitive health benefits (medical, dental, vision)
13 paid holidays
Unlimited PTO w/ approval
Flexible work from home opportunities
Join a team of people who are passionate about the future of our planet.
We put a huge emphasis on diversity and look to create a supportive environment for everyone.
Casual working environment. No need to dress up!