Development Engineer - $120,000 - $150,000
With opportunities in Colorado, California, and Utah, an independent power utility is looking for a passionate Development Engineer. The Development Engineer will provide energy and resource modeling, engineering, optimization, design, and review of solar and solar plus storage projects. This position offers the opportunity to support not only, the engineering team, but also technical business development, growth planning, and leadership.
- Energy production modeling for Utility Scale and DG projects in development (PVSYST & Helioscope)
- Create preliminary plant designs, site layouts, single lines (Autocad, Sundat)
- Development of technical deliverables for RFP responses and proposals, both by self-performing, and coordinating external consultants
- Participate in growth planning process by contributing to continuous process improvement task forces and other strategic planning activities
- Improve and develop processes and products for more accurate and efficient evaluation of projects
- Bachelor's degree in engineering related field
- 4+ years of experience in renewable energy project development, design, analysis and construction
- Proficiency with common renewable energy system modeling tools and packages, such as PVSYST, HOMER , SAM, and Helioscope
- Proficiency with common CAD tools such as AutoCAD, Sundat
- REMOTE flexibility
- Generous bonus
- Paid vacation, holidays, sick leave
Apply if interested!