We are seeking an experienced Construction Engineer with experience in support the firm's construction group with on a variety of projects ranging from roadways and bridges to underground installation and treatment plant construction. The Construction Manager position will also offer the opportunity to work directly with firm clients and assist with design of projects. This position will be responsible for management of staff and their assignments and perform Department Management duties.
- Department Manager for Construction Services in the specified geographic region.
- Oversee work of others and assign work to staff.
- Develop training programs for staff.
- Mentor employees for career advancement.
- Strong relationships with clients and participation in business development.
- Can include Client Management duties.
- Prepare proposals and contracts for future work, attend interviews as required.
- Endeavour to provide protection for owner against defects and deficiencies in the work.
- Monitor progress schedule and shop drawing log.
- Review pay requests and verify completed work.
- Assist with design of future projects during off season.
- B.S. degree in Civil/Construction Engineering from an accredited program with an emphasis in construction engineering preferred.
- PE License required.
- 15+ years of proven progressive experience in consultant construction engineering.
- Past experience on IDOT or Illinois Tollway projects.
- Chicago DOT and METRA construction experience desirable.
- Computer skills and mastery of proprietary software (IDOT/Tollway construction management programs, etc.).
- Ability to travel throughout Chicago area (own transportation).
If you are interested in the Construction Manager role, then please don't wait to apply.