Currently working with a large Concrete Contractor that specialises in Light Industrial/Heavy Commercial (Large Warehouses, Distribution Centers, Public Storage and Manufacturing Facilities) that are currently seeking an experienced Estimator to join their Austin team.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for appropriately evaluating the cost of a project, and evaluating the cost to take on that project. The candidate will be familiar with our competitive advantages as an organisation and will be able to communicate those to our benefit throughout the bidding process.
- Maintain knowledge of competitive advantages in the industry to aid bidding process
- Resolve cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
- Obtain accurate quotes for materials and systems to establish accurate cost estimates
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Construction Management or equivalent experience
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles
- Familiarity with blueprints and ability to read plans
- 4 year's of construction estimation experience preferred
- Experience bidding for jobs $30M +
- Experience with Hard and Conceptual bids
- Knowledge of productivity software