We have a current opportunity for a Commercial Director on a permanent basis with an offshore wind developer that is looking to expand regionally and be the number one, leading offshore wind developer in Asia. The position will be based in Taipei, Taiwan. For further information about this position please apply.
- Manage the commercial department, enact/define the procurement strategy, rules and procedures, conduct market analysis and provide guidance to the team throughout the procurement process.
- Allocate and manage commercial team resources to different offshore wind projects, including the projects in Taiwan, and projects in Japan and/or Korea.
- Work cross-functionally to create alignment and leverage.
- Provide guidance to the team on negotiations with suppliers/vendors (price, delivery schedule, etc.) or stakeholders; involve in the negotiations with suppliers/vendors or other stakeholders.
- Provide guidance and enact evaluation strategies/criteria to assess vendor capabilities. Develop alternate sources.
- Supervise and manage team members' works cross projects. Ensure all projects procurement and contractual obligations are fulfilled in a proper manner.
- Motivate the team and maintain a high performing team that collaborates well with others and executes projects successfully.
- 10 years or more relevant project procurement experiences, out of which 3 years should be in an equivalent strategic, management-level role.
- Experienced in the offshore wind market and familiar with international suppliers across different packages.
- Excellent negotiation skills based on good industry knowledge and understanding of counter-parties' financial conditions and market positions.
- Experience with the offshore wind supply chain in Taiwan will be a plus.
- Knowledgeable about offshore wind life cycle and an overview of procurement keys to each package.
- Fluent English ability in both writing and speaking.
- Be familiar with FIDIC and BIMCO.
- Strategic thinker with strong leadership profile.
Don't hesitate to apply if you are interested!