The Chief Investment Officer ("CIO") will assume the pivotal role in providing strategic leadership for all investment endeavors across the company in the Asian region. As a member of the senior management team, the CIO will play a leading part in shaping the investment direction of the company. This involves formulating and recommending investment strategies and proposals to the management, Board, and shareholders, aimed at optimizing long-term risk-adjusted returns on the company's investments and enhancing its overall value.
- Taking a primary role in devising and disseminating investment strategies company-wide, encompassing markets like Taiwan, Japan, Korea, and other Asia Pacific regions.
- Leading the team responsible for business development and investments throughout the area, with the aim of sourcing and evaluating offshore wind opportunities.
- Establishing a streamlined and efficient framework for evaluating investments and project development, facilitating effective investment pursuit.
- Providing critical guidance to the investment team regarding due diligence, risk assessment and management in the structuring of intricate acquisitions, developments, and project financing deals.
- Leading negotiations of term sheets and contracts.
- Creating effective reporting mechanisms to keep the management and Board well-informed about the status of the company's investments.
- Introducing risk measurement criteria to aid management decisions, and ensuring these criteria are integrated into investment operations and performance evaluation.
- Collaborating with functional heads and the CEO to pinpoint and assess growth prospects for the company.
- Managing and nurturing relationships with investment and business partners, as well as other stakeholders.
- A bachelor's degree in business administration, economics, or finance, accompanied by no less than 10 years of experience in an Investment Bank and/or a top-tier Infrastructure Investor.
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience and expertise in investment management within the renewable energy sector in the Asia Pacific region.
- Profound comprehension and proven track record of executing infrastructure investments in Asia, including full-cycle investment execution:
- Market entry assessment and oversight
- Generation of fresh investment prospects
- Diligence and valuation
- Partnership negotiation and structuring
- Securing debt financing
- Evaluation and implementation of monetization and divestment strategies (such as M&A, IPOs, investment trust creation, etc.)
- A well-connected network of industry contacts across the region.
- Demonstrated self-initiative, attention to detail, interpersonal finesse, and robust analytical abilities.
- Capability to collaborate constructively with the management team and shareholders on investment matters while aligning with corporate goals.
- Bonus points for experience with international financial investors.
- A proactive team player and self-starter with a track record of assembling successful business development, investment execution, and strategy teams.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal proficiencies.
- Beneficial experience of collaborating with various Asian countries.
- Fluent in English and Mandarin (both written and spoken), with added fluency or business competency in Japanese or Korean considered advantageous.
Don't hesitate to apply!