LVI are working with a national building envelope consulting group, they are seeking qualified individuals to join their team. My Client performs building envelope consulting and design for assignments of varied size, scope and geographical location. As a national professional firm, they have successfully delivered program solutions across all 50 U.S. states. Qualified candidates must be experienced in commercial design, analysis and detailing of structural systems, able to manage multiple projects, have client relation skills, possess strong computer skills and be willing to travel.
- Participate on building enclosure projects that include the assessment, field testing and quality observation of façade, roofing and waterproofing systems.
- Perform field investigations, including moisture intrusion, non-destructive testing and fenestration/façade testing.
- Make specific recommendations based on inspection/assessment
- Ensure that assessment reports, proposals, inspection reports and information required to serve the client are properly prepared and reported in accordance with company administrative policies
- An extensive understanding of exterior building systems restoration and renovation
- An extensive understanding of concrete restoration and waterproofing - parking garage structures, plaza decks etc.
- Respond to all technical questions accurately and in a timely fashion
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Commercial building envelope experience required.
- inspect assets with a focus on what is needed to preserve and extend the lifecycle
- Assess the condition including active leak issues, overall condition and deterioration
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE)
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in Civil/Structural/Architectural engineering
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in restoration and/or building science
- Building envelope experience- vertical façade restoration, vertical wall structural remediation and forensic engineering experience
- Building and structure assessment experience
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work, and project schedules.
- Knowledge of all common vertical wall/façade systems
- Technically competent with field data collection tools
- Strong computer skills
- Willingness to travel
- Team player with good communication skills
If this role isn't specifically in line with your experience, or you're just looking for something bit different, connect with Hugh Evans at LVI Associates on LinkedIn for a confidential conversation to discuss other options and opportunities!