Our client is urgently looking for a talented Mechanical Lead Engineer to join their team!
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Note: Only open for candidates who are currently in Japan
About the company:
- One of the fast-growing battery manufacturing companies headquartered in Tokyo, Japan
- Flexible working environment, multicultural team structure
Responsibilities: You will be overseeing the development in the following areas:
- Mechanical packaging and development of electrical enclosures
- Development of battery enclosures
- Electrical CAD, cable, and wiring route development
- Experience in lithium-ion battery package design and development
- Experience in electrical enclosure design
- Experience in CAE simulation - thermal, fluid flow, and CFD techniques
- Proficiency in outdoor electrical installation package standards
- Understanding of IP protection levels for outdoor electrical installations
- Experience with mechanical packaging and CAD tools such as CATIA, Solidworks, or NX (7+ years)
- Experience using electrical CAD tools (2+ years). Examples of tools include AutoCAD Electrical and Solidworks Electrica
- Business-level communication skills in both Japanese and English
- Knowledge of container packaging for battery energy storage systems
- Familiarity with HVAC and various types of ventilation systems
Ideal Candidate: We are looking for an individual who can approach new challenges and difficult tasks with a positive attitude and proactive mindset. The ideal candidate should excel in coordinating internal and external communications and be able to adapt flexibly to ever-changing circumstances. They should be capable of identifying and tackling challenges proactively and possess strong communication skills (both written and verbal). The ability to catch up on unfamiliar fields independently is highly valued.
If you are ready to contribute to our dynamic team, even if you do not tick all the boxes, please feel free to apply!