* Troubleshoot and resolve complex customer issues relating to integrated AV systems installed by the company.
* Communicate with New York based Central Service Desk for scheduling and dispatch to customer locations.
* Use ticketing system for time entries, discussion notes and resolution notes.
* Determine follow-up action and implement recommended solutions. * Serve as escalation point for previously diagnosed but unresolved issues.
* Contact and maintain relationships with manufacturers, programmers and project managers for RMAs, program changes and project information.
* In-depth reporting of solutions in written and verbal form to manufacturers, service administrators and customers.
* Document project closeout information in department knowledge base and configuration catalog.
* Transport and deliver audiovisual equipment and packages from the warehouse to various job sites and vice versa in a timely matter.
Audio Visual Service Technician Qualifications:
* Must possess excellent customer service skills and strong communication skills.
* Must possess AVIXA CTS certification and Crestron DMCE certification.
* Extensive knowledge of control processors, digital signal processers, audio/video teleconferencing systems, video displays, video walls, professional projectors, roll down screens, wired/wireless microphones, network switches and extender/receiver pairs.
* Problem solving and troubleshooting of complex integrated audiovisual installations to component level.
* Troubleshoot, compile and upload code to audiovisual control processors and touch panels.
* Understanding of audio and video over HDMI, network and fiber cable environments.
* Strong understanding of Mac & Windows environments.
* Knowledge of legacy analog set ups.
* Cable termination and soldering skills.
* Must carry necessary tools and have ability to work individually or with a team.
* Lifting and carrying of large/heavy equipment and load/unload from Service Vehicles is required.
* Occasional travel to outer areas of New York City.
* Maintain current industry trainings and certifications.
* Must possess a valid driver's license and/or valid state identification.